Siggy

Siggy

Friday, January 03, 2014

Fresh Start - Project 52

Happy new year!!!

So excited to start scrapping this year.  I just joined PROJECT 52 at Scraps and Pieces. It's a year-long weekly project where I would have to scrap my life - weekly! Yay! I have always wanted to do this but never found the time. I  will be doing a gratitude album where I would scrap the things I am grateful for.

The Bible says, "Give thanks to Him, bless His Name, for the Lord is good, His lovingkindness is ever lasting and His faithfulness to all generations". (Psalm 100:4b-5)  We give thanks to God not just for the blessings we receive everyday but simply because of who He is ... His goodness, lovingkindness and faithfulness are enough to generate praises that would last our lifetime.

I also truly believe that grateful people are joyful people.    I love this quote from Ann Chan, "Joy is a grateful response to God for who He is -- our loving, faithful Creator. It is a deep contentment in God such that no matter what happens in life, there is every reason to give thanks". This year, I will choose to see the beauty in the 'simple everyday-things' that happen in my life.  I will choose to thank God  in everything. (Phil. 4:4).  I will choose to be grateful.



created using ALL WRAPPED UP and LIFE'S A BEACH by
Leaving a Legacy Designs

This week, I want to thank God for:
1. Family ties, Vacation, fun - We enjoyed every minute of our stay in Ate Aileen's house. I thank God for the chance to rest and enjoy this vacation with our kids.
2. I thank God for giving the kids a lesson on faith.  It was Michael's first time to ride the Super Viking. He was terrified but he was with his Dad & for him, that was all  that mattered. I call that faith.  Michael trusted his Dad because he knows he'll take care of him and he won't let go.  In the same way, in the midst of fear or problems, we need to trust God because He will never leave us nor forsake us.
3. When we were back home, the kids were a great help to me.  They helped me cook, wash clothes, clean the house, etc.  And they did this joyfully (with my eldest even whistling all the time). I thank God for giving me two wonderful, obedient and joyful boys.
4. I thank God that we were finally able to get a follow-up x-ray on Alvin's back. I thank God that we found friendly doctors near our place who patiently and clearly explained possible reasons for Alvin's back pain. I thank God for Alvin's health card. We didn't have to pay a single cent.

created using FRESH START
by Leaving a Legacy Designs


Praise God for a FRESH and wonderful START!

-----------------


p.s. very timely .... Leaving A Legacy Designs has a new kit  - FRESH START - perfect for scrapping P52 projects, new year's resolutions, and special everyday moments. Get the pieces for $1 only  until January 7.  Full kit with solid papers will be in the store by January 8 and will be 30% off until January 12, Sunday.


My son, Michael, 7 years ago
created using FRESH START by 

The Paper Packs:

The elements




Grab them HERE - FRESH START



1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:29 PM

    This is a great idea. Your family will be so glad that you did this.
    will comment back - http://www.oldfashionmom.com

    ReplyDelete