Siggy

Siggy

Saturday, June 28, 2014

Our Homeschool Journey - We Just Turned 6!

Six years ago, we spent our very first homeschool day in Mcdonald's. We studied over hashbrowns and big breakfasts. It was liberating... It was different...It was fun! That same day, whatever apprehensions I had in homeschooling my boys were replaced by complete peace in my heart knowing we made the right choice. Homeschooling took much of my personal time but I prefer that over losing all the wonderful memories that we have built all through these years. There were highs and lows, ups and downs but I wouldn't have taken any other road.  Every single day was a testament of God's power, love, and grace at work in our family.   It's all worth it.

Our first "official" day to homeschool at McDonald's
layout created using Joyful Expressions' Coastal EscapeWA by kathy winters design



As we start another school year, the Lord reminded me through the story of Eli and his sons (1 Samuel 2-3) of what our priority should be.  We need to disciple our kids until they fully devote their whole being to Jesus Christ. We cannot make that choice for them but my husband and I can definitely influence them into making that decision in the future.  "God can do for me what I cannot do myself and will accomplish what is otherwise impossible to accomplish." (Grace for the Homeschool Mom)

------
Lord, take over our homeschool this year.  Bring our focus back to You. How I pray, Lord, that Michael and Aethan will love, follow and be deeply committed to you all the days of their lives.  Remind us always to homeschool with the end in mind. In Jesus Name. Amen

-----

"One generation shall praise Your works to another, and shall declare Your mighty acts." (Psalm 145:4)

I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth. (3 John 1:4)

Knowledge is useless unless it is acquired by a heart that fears God. (Clay and Sally Clarkson)  

When the time comes for our kids to leave our home, it will not be empty. It will be 'full of memories, full of anticipation, full of love that can somehow go with them to college and yet stay back home with us. A love that has a name, 'Jesus'. - Beth Moore





No comments:

Post a Comment