Siggy

Siggy

Thursday, January 19, 2012

A Clean Slate

The start of the year is usually the time for us to list our "new year resolutions", reflect on the past year and pray that this year would be a better one.  For some, it would mean a time to correct mistakes and a chance to do things differently.  But the Bible says:  "The Lord's lovingkindess indeed never cease, For His compassions never fail. They are new every morning..."  Thank God we wouldn't have to wait another year to set things right.  God has given us that provision daily.

As  I review the past year and write my faith goals, I thank the Lord for answering a lot or prayers and empowering me to do things I thought I cannot do. He has blessed me in a lot of ways though I don't deserve it.  2011 is indeed a busy year.   Too busy that there were times I neglected my quiet time with the Lord and  I would cry to Him and tell Him how much I miss Him.  And in one of my quiet moments last year, He said in James 4:8, "Draw near to me and I will draw near to you".   He was telling me, "Anak, you were so busy, you were the one who moved away from me.  I was always here for you.  I never left your side".  It's true... despite my unfaithfulness, God is faithful .

Our pastor said we slander God by serving Him without knowing Him. This year, my goal (and our Church' goal also) is to be more intimate with Him... to have one defining purpose, one pursuit, one preoccupation and one passion. "One thing I have asked from the Lord, that I shall seek:  That I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, To behold the beauty of the Lord And to meditate in His temple (Ps. 27:4).

Lord, thank you for the goodness You have shown us and the blessings You have showered us in 2011.  Thank you for the clean slate that you offer, not just every new year but every day. I pray that Your will be done in my life this year... that I may know You more and understand Your ways.  You are enough for me,  Lord. I just want to be where you are.



credits: Gottapixel-A fresh start kit, border by Mye de Leon


No comments:

Post a Comment