Siggy

Siggy

Saturday, October 01, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me!

They say that "a birthday is just the first day of another 365-day journey around the sun" but today was different, it was extra special!

I woke up to find the most wonderful gifts a mom and a wife can ever have. Alvin and the kids filled my morning with love and love letters! They just brought tears to my eyes and I would treasure them in my heart forever!










I am especially so happy to read Aethan's letters.  For 2 years (since he was 4), there was always a  struggle whenever I ask him to write something.  He doesn't like writing - unlike his brother, Riel, who delights in it.   It takes sooo much effort for him to write even one sentence.  This year, as we started homeschooling, his first composition was a letter for me and now on my birthday, he made 3!  Thankyou, Lord!

Their letters encouraged me.  I am blessed to know that they really love homeschooling.  Riel said he wants me to homeschool him 'til college (hehe).  I also learned that Aethan delights in the little things I help him with like washing the dishes, sleeping beside him,etc.  The kids help us with the household chores and I actually feel guilty because sometimes, I just let them do it and most of the time, I don't help them anymore. I realized it would make a big difference for Aethan if we would do things together.

I appreciate very much the surprises - (esp. the letters!) that Alvin and the kids prepared for me. They know how to fill my tank and how to speak my love language.  For me, words of affirmation speak louder than any gift or action. And more than anything, I thank the Lord for giving me such a wonderful husband and kids... I cannot ask for more. Thank you, Lord Jesus! Thank you for loving me. Thank you for the life You gave me! Thank you because I am Your child! Thank you, Lord!



October 2, 2011

Another surprise!

I was truly blessed when our dgroup threw a surprise birthday party for me. I was shocked to see them in our house just as we were about to leave for church.  (of course, only then, did I realize why Alvin took such a loooong time dressing up...He was an accomplice!) I felt happier to see that everyone was present.  I truly thank the Lord for giving Alvin and me the privilege to serve Him through our spiritual family. It was the Lord who brought us together and it is His LOVE that binds us. We feel unfathomable joy whenever we see each couple growing in their relationship with each other and with the Lord. We rejoice for each answered prayer and our hearts cry in their trials.   We SHARE not just joys and sorrows but we are also one in our mission to reach out more souls for Jesus Christ.  LIFE will not be the same without them. Thank you, Lord, for our dgroup.






No comments:

Post a Comment