Siggy

Siggy

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Mommy Fears

     I was just browsing at our old pictures and videos today and I got really sentimental.  My kids are growing up too fast ... really fast!  A few more years and my little boys would be teenagers. We don't even fit on one bed now.  My husband insists on having them sleep with us because he said a few more years and they wouldn't want to do that anymore.  We call it "siksik days" when we all would sleep on one bed - usually on weekends - and because the kids are growing big, mom and dad are not allowed to move and we sleep sideways til morning. lol.  I can understand him.  The backaches when we wake up (we're not getting any younger, right?) are nothing compared to the joy it gives us.

     As I look at the pictures, I said, "Lord, can you just freeze time"?  Life is so much easier now.  Their present age - 7 and 6 yrs old - is just perfect for every parent.   But as they grow, I know we will be facing more challenges.  I really cannot hold their future, its in God's hand.  I know that. I believe that...and yet, sometimes, fear would set in. Would they also follow and serve the Lord? Will they grow in wisdom & in stature? Would they have good friends? Would they rebel?  Am I doing it right? Am I a good mom? Lord, were they scarred by my harsh words in the past? Are we teaching them everything they need to know? Will they remember all that we did for them - everything we talked about - every magic moment? Will I be there to watch them grow? The list is endless.  And the Lord just reminded me in His Word - "Which of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life span?"  I can't  and so every time I feel like this, I just surrender all my fears to Jesus. I bring to mind the truth that God loves them and wants the best for them.  He holds my children close to His heart and they are precious to Him. Psalm 112:7 says "He will not fear evil tidings. His heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord".


layout credits: gottapixel kits / cluster your heart challenge
                                  




Photo journal states: 
"Being present is not just carving out time. It's also leaving behind our jobs or other tasks in more than just body, but also in spirit". (T.Jones)
-As we give our kids our time - ourselves - we pray that someday, when they're all grown up, they would always love to go back home - a place where they felt a love unlike any other.


GDS challenge-Digidish challenge
summer afternoon kit by kuper doodles,maria designs my cuties 23 alpha


This is a nice song . :-)

Find Your Wings
by Mark Harris

It's only for a moment you are mine to hold
The plans that heaven has for you
Will all too soon unfold
So many different prayers I'll pray
For all that you might do
But most of all I'll want to know
You're walking in the truth
And If I never told you
I want you to know
As I watch you grow

I pray that God would fill your heart with dreams
And that faith gives you the courage
To dare to do great things
I'm here for you whatever this life brings
So let my love give you roots
And help you find your wings

















No comments:

Post a Comment