Siggy

Siggy

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

He Has Made Me Glad

I feel sad today. It will be my Dad's birthday soon. I truly miss him.  I miss him everyday.  I miss the times when we were little... when Papa would wake us up and run after us.  My brothers and I would then race towards the dining table.  My mom was there preparing breakfast and we would all happily gobble up the food.  No camera captured that scene but I remember it vividly.  It was etched in my heart.  Precious memories.

My Mama and Papa separated when I was around seven years old and they both have different families now whom I dearly love.  I learned to accept how things are but the pain of separation lingers.  It is like my back pain.  It is just there.  I learned to live with it but it is just there.

This is not always what I feel.  But there are just days like these when I think of 'what could have beens'....days I feel "senti".

At times like this, I turn to my Father, the Great and loving One.  He knows my heart, my feelings, my pains.  He knows how to lift me up, ease the ache and make me smile once more.

"The Lord has done great things for them.
The Lord has done great things for us;
We are glad...
Those who sow in tears 
shall reap with joyful shouting.
He who goes to and fro weeping, 
carrying his bag of seed, 
shall indeed come again with a shout of joy, 
bringing his sheaves with him."
Psalm 126:3-6 (NASB) 

John Piper said sowing is simply the work that has to be done even when there are things in life that make us cry.  He said "... when you are full of sadness and tears are flowing easily, go ahead and do the jobs with tears.  Be realistic.  Say to your tears, 'Tears, I feel you. You make me want to quit life.  But there is a field to be sown (dishes to be washed, car to be fixed..) I know you will wet my face several times today, but I have work to do and you will just have to go with me. I intend to take the bag of seeds and sow. If you come along, then you will just have to wet the rows". (http://www.desiringgod.org/articles/talking-to-your-tears)

At the end of the day, I would have to make the choice to continue living a joyful life.  My parents would never be reunited, problems would probably remain, conflicts would arise but God is still in His throne.  He has done great things for me and I will be glad. (Psalm 126:3).

I choose to be glad.

My Papa singing a song for us during my wedding
- created using Leaving a Legacy Designs'
FIND YOUR VOICE




----------------------------------

FIND YOUR VOICE
by Leaving A Legacy Designs
Click the photo to grab the kit







No comments:

Post a Comment