You tube calls Paul Washer’s preaching as ’shocking’. I believe it isn’t at all. This video is a powerful preaching on how we - as Christians - should live our lives.
We have seen how God moved when we watched it during our Bible Study especially when a man, whom my husband and I truly love, repented from his sin and renewed his commitment to the Lord. He has been a Christian for 25 years yet he was still in bondage. We continue to pray that he will overcome and be victorious through the power of the Holy Spirit that is in him.
Praises and glory be to God alone!
Below are some of the major points of Paul Washer’s sermon.
- The Bible says EXAMINE YOURSELF, TEST YOURSELF if you are a Christian
- There is a narrow gate to salvation, and there is only one way - Jesus Christ
- We are saved not because we prayed a prayer or someone told us we are saved but because we repented
- If we are saved, we will not talk or dress like others do, or act like the world. God will make a difference in our lives.
- Not everyone who says ‘Lord’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven’ - not everyone who profess ‘Lord’ will enter the Kingdom
- Sign of a genuine Christian is that we do as a style of life the will of the Father
- The most important thing on the face of the Earth is not knowing Christ but that Christ knows you - for even Satan knows Christ.
- There are 2 ways, narrow and broad, one way leading to heaven, one way to hell; there are 2 trees - one bearing good fruit, one bearing bad fruit; one who believes that Jesus is Lord and doesn’t do His will and one who believes that Jesus is Lord and does His will
- We are saved not because the Romans killed Jesus and nailed Him on the cross. We are saved because when He was hanging on the cross, He bore our sins.
- God is so big for Him not to have an effect in our lives. If our change is from God, it will last.