Siggy

Siggy

Friday, March 25, 2011

Soul Food for Today: Job 23

I can see myself in Job when he cried out to the Lord - "Oh that I knew where I might find Him, that I might come to His seat...When He acts on the left, I cannot behold Him; He turns on the right, I cannot see Him. But He knows the way I take... (Job 23:9-10)

There were times I felt that God doesn't hear me. There were times I can't feel His presence and times I cannot see His hand.  These are times I just walk in faith, holding on to His promise that He will never leave me - even if my feelings say otherwise.  And Job goes on..."When He has tried me, I shall come forth as gold (v10)." He didn't say 'if' but instead he said 'when'.  My life would never be "trial-free" or "pain free" but my comfort comes from knowing that "He knows the way I take".

I like what Bruce Hurt wrote - he said "Our goal should be to be content as we serve the Lord, thanking God when we have good days, choosing to trust Him when days seem not so good, learning to say like Job 'Blessed be the Name of the Lord!".

No comments:

Post a Comment