Siggy

Siggy

Monday, March 21, 2011

From the Mouth of Babes Part 7

Written on June 29, 2010

This morning, my hubby and I had a little argument and Alvin rebuked me and said that the devil usually takes advantage of these situations to ruin our day. He reminded me that every moment we are together is important because it may be the last moment that we may be together... and these reminders are enough for me to pause, think and correct my actions. I am reminded of Ephesians 5:15-16 which says "Be careful how you walk not as unwise men but as wise, making the most of your time, because the days are evil..."Relating this to our marriage, we should "redeem our time", make the most out of it and not ever waste it on things that are not at all important - yes, like arguments. The enemy undoubtedly works overtime to steal our time and our joy.

On his way to the office, Alvin texted and He thanked me for my reminders and then said "...take care of our kids, too. Since I will be gone for a while but after a while you will see me again..." This made me laugh because he is certainly going to the office and would be back tonight but I also felt a "tug" at my heartstrings because those are Jesus' words in John 16:16, before He died. It was to me a subtle reminder of the brevity of life. I remember a preaching that said the only thing that is equally given to everyone is TIME. We only have 24 hours a day, and it is our choice whether to spend this time arguing or creating "magic moments".

Thank you Jesus for teaching us everyday. Thank you for your patience and love for us and for your subtle voice that whisper in our hearts. Thank you that we can hear you in our marriage and that we feel your love binding us. Thank you for giving me a wonderful, wonderful husband who overlooks my weaknesses and brings out my strengths. May you continue to remove the things in us that fail to glorify Your name. Amen.

---------------------------
More quotable quotes from my kids :-)

April 30, 2010
Riel: Mommy, Why are babies born without clothes?

May 2010
Aethan (talking to his kuya): kuya, when you are singing, you have to close your eyes. It means you are touched!

June 9, 2010
Riel: (while browsing his Zoology Book) - Mommy! This is exciting! We're going to make a bird feeder!We're going to put peanut butter then roll it....
Aethan: That is not exciting for me! I want to eat the peanut butter!

June 14, 2010
Riel: Mommy, did God create flies?
(As we were discussing this question, Riel said : Mommy, maybe we should go back to Genesis and see what the Bible says.

June 16, 2010
(While teaching how to introduce themselves in Filipino)
Riel:Ang pangalan ko ay Riel. Ako ay anim na TALONG gulang.
Aethan: Ang pangalan ko ay Aethan. Ako ay limang taong GULAY.

June 29, 2010
(I was listening to my kids - trying to keep myself from laughing-- while I was typing this exchange)
Aethan: When you die kuya, what will happen?
Riel:Then I will go to heaven but when my mission is not done yet, then God will make me alive again.
Aethan: How can that be? We only have one life.
Riel: Yes, look at Lazarus! He died and he was alive!
Aethan: What if someone shoots you with an arrow --- on your chest
riel: Yes, I can still be alive with Jesus help!
Aethan: How? You're not Obi-wan Kenobi!

June 29, 2010
Aethan: Mommy, kuya covered his ears while I was telling him something
Riel: Aethan, Why did you immediately tell mommy? We didn't solve the problem yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment