Siggy

Siggy

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Reasons I am Thankful

As I woke up this morning, I whispered a prayer of thanks to Jesus.  Thank you, Lord, I am still alive ... that I am with my family ... that there was no earthquake ...  I found a thousand and more reasons to be grateful as I reflected on Psalms 33. 

1.  I thank God for His beautiful creation (33:6-9).  Looking at the work of His hands, how can He be mindful of me?  I remembered the movie 'Horton Heard a Who' where Horton heard a cry of help from a speck of dust.  My Lord who created everything doesn't just hear me, He sees me... He knows every detail about me...He understands me (33:19).  Seeing His creation and seeing 'me' --- I feel so unworthy of the attention He gives me.  I am but a speck of dust but He chose me to be His child... He chose me!

2.  I thank God that He is sovereign and that His plans for me will always prevail.  Ps.33:11 says 'The counsel of the Lord stands forever.  The plans of His heart from generation to generation'.  I am thankful because by His grace alone, I have surrendered my life - my plans, my hopes, my dreams to Him.  I thank Him that by His loving kindness He has "nullified" (Ps.33:10)  the wrong decisions that I made.   With Him, I am secure!

3.  My heart rejoices in Him because I trust in His Holy Name (Ps. 33:21) and I know that He will deliver my soul from death and famine (33:19), from trials and adversities.  He is my help and my shield.  With the recent earthquakes, 'wars and rumors of wars', I would have reason to fear but God has comforted me again and again.  "His eye is on those who fear Him --- on those who hope for His lovingkindness (Ps. 33:18). "

"The Lord is my strength and my shield;
My heart trusts in Him and I am helped.
Therefore my heart exalts
and with my song I shall thank Him."
Psalms 28:7

Spurgeon  said 'The best answer we can have at times is simply the statement that He hears'.  As I trust Him and His sovereign will, I am helped... I am strengthened...I am thankful. 

Have a blessed day!









No comments:

Post a Comment