Siggy

Siggy

Monday, March 21, 2011

Worth It!

January 14, 2011.
This morning, after we discussed how to write a biography, I asked Riel to write about anyone he likes. I cried when he gave me back this paper. It read:

"This is a story about my mom. My mom is so special. On November 5, 2003, she stopped working. She decided to homeschool me when I was 5 years old because she loved me. She always prayed for me to become a good man. She prayed for me to love the Lord my God with all my heart, soul, and mind. She always disciplines me. She also tells me what is right and what is wrong. She also teaches me the piano. My mom will always love me, forever and ever."

>Alvin and I actually decided I should resign when Riel was born - that was the date he placed on his note. I resigned while I was on maternity leave. I just cannot bear the thought that someone else would bring up my son. By faith, I gave up my career to be with my family. It was difficult financially but God is always faithful. It was one of the best decisions I made in my life. The returns are not just awesome but eternal, beyond what I imagined. And in moments like these when I hear these words from my kids - it just makes everything worth it. Thank you, Lord for the joy that you graciously shower us with ... thank you for the joy of giving us our Riel and Aethan...

Sharing with you photos from our homeschool journey.




















Disclaimer: The scrapping kits / elements that I used in the layouts above were not made by me


No comments:

Post a Comment