Siggy

Siggy

Monday, March 21, 2011

Soul Food for Today

     Every morning I crave for my soul’s food which would get me through another day.  I wake up early to meet my Lord.  I feel down on the days I fail to do this and I cry out to my Lord - for forgiveness for failing to meet Him . I noticed that most of the time, the Lord wakes me up at an unholy hour and even with just 3 hours of sleep I feel energized.  But the moment I let this chance pass by and  I bargain and say ‘Lord, 15 more minutes, please’ and depend on my alarm clock to wake me up, most of the time I doze off and wake up with just an hour or a few minutes left to read the Bible because my babies would soon be up.
        2 Tim. 3:16-17 says "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking , correcting and training in righteousness so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work".  This is so much true.  The Word the Lord gives me everyday becomes a source of encouragement for me for the whole day. Though we may not have fully received the fulfillment of His promises, His faithfulness makes His promises to me and my family worth waiting for.  For ‘Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see"(Heb 11:1). 
        This morning, as I read Judges 13,  I am inspired at the faith of Manoah and his  wife in believeing that they indeed will have a son (Samson) even if the wife is barren but in verse 22, we can see how Manoah’s faith failed him.  I used to be like that before.  I pray for something and sometimes discouragements come and they veer me away from God’s promises forgetting that when I pray, I should pray believing that I have already received the answer.  I praise God that now, I firmly believe that with my Lord, Nothing is impossible!  Sometimes, my faith is little but my God is a GREAT GOD!
        The wife of Manoah displayed great faith in verse 23 and what a great encouragement her words are to me this morning! "We need not fear the withering of the roots out of which such branch is yet to spring"(Matthew Henry). God does not give bogus promises.  His words are real. In His time, all His promises will come to pass.  I have  proven this time and again in my Christian walk.  I can choose to be discouraged or I can choose to trust.  And I choose to trust in Him, the Author and perfecter of my faith.
        That is my soul’s food for today, 11.24.07.

No comments:

Post a Comment