Siggy

Siggy

Monday, March 21, 2011

How Great is Our God

Col 1:17 says "He is before all things and in Him all things hold together".  My Lord will never let me go … He will never let me fall … He will forever hold me together.  Truly, My God is a great and awesome God!

Please watch and be blessed. (I recommend, though, that you watch the whole inspirational talk to appreciate fully his message). 
How Great is Our God-Louie Giglio

 
    As I watch it, I cannot help but see that any work of my hand, big or small, everything I hold dear, everything I have … are nothing compared to His work.  I realized too that no problem is too big for Him.  Why should I worry, when my God - is the God who is eternal,  immortal, invisible (1 Tim 1:17) … My God is the only God, He is a star - breather and by His words the heavens were formed. (Psalm 33:6).  I cannot fathom His greatness! And the more I see how great my God is, the more I see His goodness and lovingkindness. How can He - who made the universe - die for my sins? 

Here he talks about the universe and some of the biggest stars that God created.
Some facts to ponder:
1. The Sun’s diameter is 864,938 miles. This is almost 10 times larger than the planet Jupiter and about 109 times as big as the earth. The volume of the Sun is 1,299,400 times bigger than the volume of the Earth. About 1 Million Earths could fit inside the Sun.
2. Arcturus’ radius is currently 23 times that of the Sun and its luminosity is 100 times the Sun’s. The surface area of a sphere is proportional to the square of the radius, so a star of 23 solar radii has an area 529 times (i.e., 23 x 23) the Sun’s.
3. In order to know what the largest star in the universe is, we would have had to look at "all" the stars. Humans have not even come close to a small portion of that - we have not even looked at all the stars in our own galaxy. In our own Milky Way galaxy alone, there are about 100 Billion stars - and there are hundreds, and hundreds, and hundreds, and hundreds of billions and billions, and billions…and billions of galaxies.
4.if a human could walk on the surface of Canis Majoris   (the biggest star)– assuming a speed of 5 km/h (3 mph) for 8 hours a day – the person would have to walk for 650,000 years to circle the star (compared with 2 years 11 months to complete the same task on the Earth, and 310 years 7months on the Sun). -

source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VY_Canis_Majoris

Our Lord is great and worthy to be Praised!

No comments:

Post a Comment